Sunday, April 1, 2012


1 April 2012

Dear RV Diary,

Well moving day came and went and it took me a few days to get myself situated enough to where I can post.

Papers are signed and I officially have SOLD my little house.  I am SO happy it sold right away, stress and me don't get along very well.

I was briefly emotional, kinda on the verge of teary eyed when I was cleaning the last of the house for the new buyers....but I really didn't feel horribly attached to the little house that I worked so hard to update and do what I could to bring it up to par.
Probably because I physically couldn't deal with it anymore and I know that the new owners really love it!

I didn't have very much to move...Mostly last minute stuff of personal items that I was and continue to use. The rest of my belongings, once I accepted an offer on the house, I already had boxed up and took to my moms house slowly through the past few weeks to store in her extra bedroom until I am ready to load up the Uhaul and roll down the highway through Canada. (More on that later...).

I think I really did myself a favor starting around a year ago...Getting rid of stuff. At first I thought I didn't get rid of enough...Turns out I did a great job now that I have about 7 weeks until my "RV countdown begins," OFFICIALLY. :) (Actually it started awhile ago, more on that later)...

Having just said that, now that I have a better concept of what I have verses what I really need I plan on going through the 3 boxes or so out in my sisters garage and the 12 or so at my moms house to try to whittle down even more of whats left.

Since I am staying with my sister until I leave around May 17 or 18-ish I had to bring into fruition if my "hobby" was going to go with me....

I am an artist, watercolor and sculpting.

Watercolors can travel...But sculpting clays?  Can they?

Last year when I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis in my hands, my doctor said that maybe I should get some clay and just roll it around to keep my hands from stiffening up (which is why I have taken such a long vacation from watercoloring). So being a professional artist I couldn't just roll a ball of clay around, I had to make something. AND although I am a professional artist I never took any sculpting classes, except briefly in high school 20 + years ago.

Long story short, I fell madly and deeply in love with sculpey clay...And the question my new passion was screaming..."Will I be able to sculpt AND BAKE my creations on the road."
I have a portable oven made just for sculpey and have been baking sculptures for the past two days with it in my sisters kitchen.

SO...From what I can tell SO far, yes, I will be able to continue sculpting on the road. (www.lostinthewoodsstudio.blogspot.com)

I wonder if I can use a solar oven...Then it will be free and I don't have to worry about using up electricity AND fuel or propane.

Hmmm....  A future experiment FOR SURE!  :D


Love, Vivi


No comments:

Post a Comment